Recipes and Uses for our Pasta Sauces
USES FOR OUR PASTA SAUCE
· 10oz jar poured over a pot roast, cook in crock pot until tender
· 16oz jar poured over chicken breast, bake in oven at 375 until cooked through. Spoon over plate of pasta
· Mix into scrambled eggs
· As a pizza sauce
Pour over sautéed kale
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium red onions, cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 Medium Yukon or Red Potatoes
- 8 cremini mushrooms, halved
- 16oz jar River Valley Kitchens Garlic Lover’s Pasta Sauce, Click here to order
- 3 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Season meat generously with salt and pepper. On the stove top, heat oil in a large Dutch oven, or other heavy roasting pan with a lid, over medium-high heat. Sear the meat until a dark crust forms, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove meat to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the pan. Melt the butter and add vegetables, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pot, until the vegetables start to color, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add Garlic Lover’s Pasta Sauce and cook, stirring frequently, until it darkens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Return meat to the pot. Add broth, then cover the pot and transfer to the oven. Cook for 2 hours 20 minutes.
- Let roast sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes. Remove meat to a cutting board to slice. Serve slices of meat in shallow bowls along with the vegetables and a generous amount of cooking liquid ladled over top.