Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Large butternut squash
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Large carrot, chopped
- 1 Onion
- ½ Tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ Tsp clove
- Pinch of cardamom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Oil and season before placing cut side down in and oven at 400 for approx. 45 minutes.
- Chop onion and carrot into equal size pieces and place in a heavy pot over medium heat, cover.
- Once squash is soft to the touch scrape away the softened flesh into the pot with onions and carrots, add garlic and water until you barely cover the vegetables. Cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Ladle into a blender or use an immersion blender (not a food processor) to thoroughly puree soup, if mix looks lumpy add a little hot water.
- Now add seasoning and adjust consistency to your liking. Try adding pumpkin pie spice to softened cream cheese for an indulgent garnish.
- For a sweeter soup add ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Oven roast heirloom tomato.
- Cut mushroom baguette into slices.
- Spread RVR Five Cheese Garlic Spread on mushroom baguette slices.
- Bake bread in oven until cheese is melted.
- Take bread out of oven and top with roasted tomato and torn fresh basil.
Find key ingredients for this recipe at the Farm Store or Farmer's Table.