It's that time of year!
Morels are a real treat, only available for few short weeks this time of year. Find local, wild-foraged morels at the Farmer's Table, Farm Store, or your local market and make a delicious soup at home!
- 1 pound fresh Morel mushrooms
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 Tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 4 ½ cup mushroom stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Slice morels in half and soak in salt water for 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly.
- Finely chop morels, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in pan. Sauté onion and garlic until soft and yellow but not browned. Add morels. Cook until mushrooms absorb juices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour, then add hot mushroom stock gradually, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Add cream and serve hot.