- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pounds portabellas or baby bellas, chopped
- 1 celery stalks, diced
- 2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 Teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups kidney beans or less if desired
- 1 Green Bell peppers diced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 Tablespoons corn meal
- 1 Tablespoons jalapenos, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in the hot oil until just browned.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes more, add remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Serve topped with diced raw onion and River Valley Ranch 5 Cheese Garlic Spread.
Serves 6 adults. Doubles as a great dip with tortilla chips. Remember; chili always tastes better the longer it simmers or served the next day!