Fresh mushrooms available year round.
Over the past 40 years, we have become known as the "mushroom guys". The oldest mushroom farm in the Midwest, we started as a two-man operation growing only white button mushrooms. Today, we have a team of dedicated farmers who sustainably cultivate five varieties of mushrooms year-round, without using any chemicals, preservatives, or growth enhancers.
MUSHROOM VARIETIES WE SELL
- Portabella - Learn About Our Portabella Mushrooms
- Crimini - Learn about Our Crimini Mushrooms
- White Button - Learn About Our White Button Mushrooms
- Shiitake - Learn About Our Shiitake Mushrooms
- Oyster - Learn About Our Oyster Mushrooms
HOW WE GROW OUR MUSHROOMS
We plant our mushrooms on a 14-day cycle to allow a continuous harvest throughout the year. Our mushrooms grow in 35 ton batches of compost, which we sustainably produce using agricultural bi-products—a combination of stable bedding, poultry litter, agricultural gypsum, spent distillers or brewer’s grain. The compost is carefully pasteurized during the mushroom growing process.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
At River Valley Ranch, we are committed to using sustainable food practices from farm to table, and all of our foods are grown and produced without any chemicals, preservatives, or growth enhancers.
WHERE TO FIND OUR MUSHROOMS
Our raw mushrooms sell at grocery stores and specialty food stores throughout the SE Wisconsin and Chicagoland area. You can also shop for RVR mushrooms online, at our Farm Store in Wisconsin, and at the Farmer's Table in Chicago. When you buy mushrooms from River Valley Ranch, you support a sustainable family food business that is proud of the food we serve.
There's nothing quite like a relaxing day at the farmer's market. We have been selling mushrooms at markets in SE Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area for decades and have become the trusted source for local mushrooms that are fresh and chemical-free. Look for us at a farmer's market near you and you'll have a wide variety of delicious mushrooms for your next farm-to-table meal at home.
We use fresh mushrooms from our farm in a ton of our dishes at the Farmer's Table and we supply mushrooms to restaurants in the Chicagoland area and SE Wisconsin. It's likely that you've already enjoyed our mushrooms at one of your favorite restaurants. Ask your waiter where they get their mushrooms, and if they're from River Valley, you can relax and trust they are truly local.
WHOLESALE FROM THE FARM
Want to buy mushrooms in bulk? We are a trusted mushroom supplier. Contact us.
BENEFITS OF MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms are known to be:
- Virtually fat free,
- An excellent source of B and D vitamins, riboflavin and niacin, and fiber,
- Potassium rich; a large portabella is known to contain as much potassium as a banana,
- Immune boosting and cancer fighting,
- Linked to decreasing blood pressure and cholesterol levels,
- Contain nearly 300 milligrams of potassium in each serving (about 3.5 oz),
- Offer nutrients including, copper and B vitamins, riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid, plus antioxidants selenium and ergothioneine, and
- Naturally light; one serving has only 20 calories and zero grams of fat.
Meet the Team at River Valley Ranch (coming soon) --->
River Valley Ranch is a sustainable family food business with over 40 years of experience producing and providing chemical-free and delicious foods that we are proud to serve you.