River Valley Ranch Job Opportunities
River Valley Ranch is looking for friendly, outgoing staff to join our farmers market team for the 2022 outdoor market season. Experience at farmers markets, trade shows, or other events is a plus! Or bring your passion for local food and willingness to learn; we provide paid training! You will represent our well-known mushroom farm (farming since 1976) that has a booth at over 15 farmers markets per week and a long history serving the Chicagoland area with quality food. We grow mushrooms indoors year-round and fresh vegetables in our outdoor garden. We do not use any chemicals or pesticides or funky stuff!!
We are currently hiring for the following position:
Market Sales Lead: You'll be responsible for running a farmers market solo or leading a larger market with additional salespeople on your team. Your job will start and end at our Chicago warehouse and you'll be responsible for loading/unloading the vehicle, driving to/from market, setting up and breaking down the market, running the market operations, and handling cash and inventory reports. Must have a clean driving record / ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Some people work one market per week others work 4 per week. We are open to part-time or full-time commitment.
You might be a good fit for our team if you:
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- Are comfortable interacting with people and can thrive in a sales role.
- Excellent face-to-face customer service and communication skills.
- Are passionate about quality food; especially local and organic.
- Able to learn and explain the unique aspects of our products and farm.
- Are a reliable self-starter and honor your commitments.
- Are self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Are willing to listen to customers and report feedback to management.
- Can adhere to standards and food & health safety regulations at each market.
- Can effectively monitoring and managing inventory.
How To Apply
We'd love to hear from you. If interested, email Paul at email@example.com a note on why you might want to work with us along with your resume.